Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baby Talk

Well, Caleb is my baby and he has been taking for a very long time, but he has not been easy to understand. Sometimes I would have to look at him to see his hand gestures and read his lips to understand what he was trying to tell me. In November we started him in a speech class and he is making progress. I don't have to translate as much for other people.

Today, while I was washing dishes Caleb was in the living room talking to me, not unlike any other day, but today I could understand him! I didn't have to stop what I was doing to watch him talk to know what he was telling me. I understood, just by listening!

We still have some work to do but we are making steady progress both at home and at school. Caleb is now in the speech program at the school and won't have to change teachers in September - if he still needs help.

1 comment: