Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pollyanna

When I got up this morning I really hoped one of these would have shown up,


or maybe this guy.

But no luck, just me. There is laundry to do, bathrooms to clean, party preparations to be made, bills to pay...The list goes on and just about the time I think I'm caught up, there is more.

I believe where your mind goes your behind follow. What I focus on I see, the good and the bad. This isn't new I heard a speaker talk about the same thing. His example was to have the audience close their eyes and asked them how much red was in the room. They said not much. When they opened their eyes and looked around there was a lot of red. They saw it because they were looking for it. When I remember where I heard that I'll pass it along. I think it was a Getting Things Done seminar Honey and I listened to.

I know many people poo-poo positive thinking, but some days I have to do whatever it takes! Today is one of those days. It snowed again yesterday, it's gray and dreary today. I'm ready for sunshine and warm days, sadly mother nature is not co-operating with my plan. So, I'm thinking positive! I know my attitude will change for the better!

How this works for me is putting a positive spin on every thing I can. Instead of groaning about the chores, I'm thankful we have clothes to wear, a home to clean and that I have a family to dirty it again. It sounds silly but it works for me! I focus on the finished chore and not the "fun" of doing the laundry.

What do you do to get motivated? What tips or tricks do you have?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I usually put on a favorite up-beat CD...that gets me going! Hope those grey skies turn blue and sunny soon!