Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Fave Five

Happy Friday! Susanne is hosting this wonderful meme this week. I really enjoy taking these few minutes to slow down and focus on the good things of the past week, so here they are...

Christmas cookies! I love cookies and the baking is finished, tomorrow we will ice the sugar cookies with Papa. Then we get to plate them on my favorite red platter and eat them!

Papa coming to visit. My Dad is coming for a visit this weekend. He's going to get to see the kids belt ceremony, ice cookies, and watch kid movies. It's always fun to have Papa come and we have the guest room finished!

Christmas trees. Both our Christmas trees are up and decorated! The "big" tree has the traditional ornaments - baby's first Christmas, our first Christmas together - the other tree is just for fun it's all red and white. I didn't think I could get away with pink and white but it was tempting.

My "new to me" gadget. I got Honey's old blackberry to use, I don't have the phone or internet on it I'm just using the PDA features and I love it! I have my eye on my next phone the Blackberry Curve and only 18 months to wait to get new phones.

Christmas program. Caleb had his kindergarten program this week. It was so cute! The pictures are still on Phil's camera.

$1.56 a gallon! That is what I paid for gas this week. Phil paid $1.49 last night. I don't know how long it will last but I sure am enjoying it.

Don't forget to drop by Susanne's place to see other peoples favorite things or join in. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Grandparent visits are so fun, and Christmas cookies are scrumptious! I love kids' Christmas programs and getting the tree decorated, too. I don't have any kind of PDA but I am thinking more about it. My husband and sons love theirs.

Brenda said...

Low gas prices are a great treat! And so is the new (old) blackberry! Enjoy!

Robin said...

I filled my tank for $19 this time! What a relief!
I enjoyed your list this week - you sound very happy!

Susanne said...

Pink Victorian themed trees are very big in the stores around here. I think hubby, son and at least one daughter would keel over if I tried that one. LOL.

Your finished baking? Wow. That is an accomplishment.

The Correspondent said...

Hooray for Papa's visit and Christmas fun!

I've been eyeing Blackberries myself, but haven't taken the Big Step yet.