Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WHAT!?!


Thanks (or not) to technology I'm able to track my spending by payee. Yes, I figured out what I spent last year at Stuff Mart. WHAT!?!

That's not possible! I was shocked by the total. But the numbers don't lie. I am even more committed to be more mindful of our spending.

I'm not going to stop shopping, with young kids and trying to eat as much fresh food as possible, that just isn't a realistic goal. A realistic goal is to pay attention to what we are shopping for and not just running out to pick up every little "need". The first action step was to do a "stock up" trip on health and beauty products. When I get out the back-up item I can put it on the list. The next step is to make lists, lists and more lists.

I also found these stores in town, they're called grocery stores! They have food and cleaning items but no electronics, toys, clothes or crafts, all the areas that get me into trouble. I can go in get my groceries and get out! Woo hoo! This is another strategy I'm going to use to eliminate trips and extra purchases from the Stuff Mart.

No comments: