Thursday, November 7, 2013

30 Days of Thanks

I really wanted to participate in the 30 Days of Thanks but I'd have to be consistent. One thing every day for 30 days! Not going to happen. My next idea was to do a week of Thanks in review type post. That started out great! Five posts total. I can do that! Then I got to thinking of all the things I'm thankful for. It started out simple enough…

1  My Honey - for all that he does for our family, he knows when I need him to "fix it" and when I just need him to listen, he puts up with my off key singing and helps the kids with their music. Just to name a few, if I try to put into words everything I'm thankful to Honey for I'll be a sentimental blubbering mess.
2  My Kiddos - Shhh don't tell them but I do kind of like them. They are my sunshine, my smiles, they are my heart.
3  My Dad - for all his support, letting us invade his house when we are in town and help making fruitcakes.

Then Honey's step-dad had a health crisis and it has me thinking about the everyday things I take for granted…

4  A reliable car to travel to be with Honey's family during this very difficult time.
5  Honey's career that allows him to take time off to be with his family.
6  Having the financial means to travel at a moments notice.
7  Our health.

Many, many more every day things are coming to mind that I don't give a second thought to. I'll save some of those for next week.


No comments: