Friday, October 17, 2008
Fave Five Friday #9
Happy Friday! Here has this week gone? If you want to know more about Fave Five you can go to Susanne's blog and get the details here.
1. Phil's post op doctor's appointment yesterday went very well! He got all the wraps off his leg and his staples taken out. So now he can work on getting the knee to bend better. Then he can drive!
2. I finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle this week! It was my first reading challenge book! It was a good book! I also started Twilight. I am surprised how many adults love this book. I 'm not far enough into to have an opinion yet but, I was reading it at Caleb's karate class on Wednesday and the lady sitting next to me just started talking to me about it. Amazing how easy it is to make friends over a good book.
3. Speaking of books, I won this week's book giveaway, A Promise to Believe In, at Callapidder Days yesterday! I don't have very good luck with drawings and giveaways, even my daring Lauren asked me why I enter drawings. Mainly I enter to improve other people's odds of winning. I was thrilled to see I won. I'll get it in the mail! I love mail!
4. Julia's post about dogs and cats. It explains beautifully why I'm a dog person, I have a teenager, I don't need an other living thing that I have to feed and clean up after plotting against me. (Meet Max my 3rd child.)
5. I got to hold a week old baby today. He was very tiny and all cuddled up and just as cute as could be. So sweet!
Have a wonderful week!