Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Reading List

I am so excited about this reading challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days! Mainly for all the new books I'll find out about.

I forced myself to finish Not Buying it: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine this week before I could start any new books. I had 50 pages left and it was sitting there taunting me, so I finished it! It was interesting but, because it wasn't what I expected, I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would, probably why I had a hard time finishing it. The other book that was going to be on my list was The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, but I finished that on Sunday. So, here is the revised list.

1.
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski because it's Oprah's new book club selection. Finished 10/12

2.
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer my teenager told me, "Mom, you have to read this."Finished 10/21

3. & 4. 16 Lighthouse Road &
204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove Series) by Debbie Macomber just because they're fun. Finished #3 on 10/27 #4 on 12/17

5.
We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates another Oprah book club. Finished 12/3

6.
My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult recommened by my friend Laurie. Finished 11/7

It's a bit short, but I wanted to leave room for additions. Just in case I find something I just have to read on someone else's list.

Happy reading!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Your books sound so fun! I hope you like My Sisters Keeper! I love that book!

Trina said...

I just started reading the Debbie Macomber series (Love it)& thanks for sharing your list.

Happy Fall Reading :)!

Susanne said...

I have never read a Debbie Macomber or a Jodi Picoult. I'm really going to have to them on my to be read lists.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your list! :) Happy Reading!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I thought My Sister's Keeper was a good one. And I have Twilight sitting on my bookshelf, though it didn't quite make my fall list. It'll have to be a "backup book," I guess. :)

Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Jen said...

I agree with your teenager. I LOVED Twilight! Sister's Keeper was pretty good too. I haven't read the others yet. Have fun!

Lindsay said...

My Sister's Keeper is a great book! I am reading The Last Lecture right now.. it is so good! I am also reading Twilight this Fall. Looks like we like a lot of the same books :-)

Nise' said...

I just got 8 Sandpiper Way in the Cedar Cove series and you are right, they are fun! Happy Reading.

Anonymous said...

I am not familiar with any of those authors. I keep seeing Debbie Macomber's name pop up -- I need to read one of her books.

Julia said...

I came for the Friday Fave Five and got to see your reading list instead. I hope you enjoy Jodi Picoult, I've heard good things about her books and have added her to my ever growing to-be-read list. :)

Willow said...

I came for Fave Five too but I enjoyed reading your book list. Will I ever have time to read all the books I want?

Helga Marie Bee said...

you totally have to read twilight, and then just think the two of you can go see the movie together in 50days.

Happy Reading!

Denise said...

Sounds like some awesome reading.