Friday, September 12, 2008

Fave Five Friday

Well, it's Friday again and I can't believe how fast the week has gone. Our days have been very busy with activities and homework but it has been a good week. So, here are my fave five, if you want to join in or see other peoples five check out Living to Tell the Story.

1. Stripes! Both the kids had karated stripe tests this week. The students have to earn 3 stripes to progress to the next belt rank. This week was the 3rd test. Caleb likes this test because they get to break a real board. Caleb will be awarded his orange dragon belt on Sunday. Sunday will also be a big day for Lauren, because she tested for her black belt last night and passed!
We are very proud of her. To get her black belt she has been in class for 3 years and the last 3 months she has had an extra class and requirments to complete. Sunday will be a very big day for her and I'm sure it will be on next weeks five.

2. Girlfriends! Our moms group invaded a local resturant for breakfast this week. We laughed, talked, ate, laughed a little more and cleared out just in time for lunch to start. I was also able to catch up with another friend, Monica and I have been friends since kindergarten, we were on the phone for an hour and a half phone call, but oh well, we had a lot to talk about. After all it had been about a month since we talked last. Last night I found another friend on facebook that I had lost touch with. We have both moved and emails change and so do phone numbers. I very excited to see how they are and catch up.

3. Scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook and haven't really had the chance lately to get much done, but this week I got the craft area cleaned up and the scrapbooks and pictures out. I didn't get any pages done, yet, but it was still fun to get the supplies out and look at the pictures. I am only a 1 1/2 years behind, not too bad, but my how the kids have grown.

4. Veggies. This week I was given home grown tomatoes and cucumbers! They were wonderful! I also tried Debbie Meyer Green Bags this week, my leaf lettuce has been in there a week now and no slim! Yeah!

5. Bling. Not for me, for the mommy bag (aka my purse) I found this key holder at the card store yesterday. It is u shaped with a cute thing (I got the pink and green flower) on one end and a hook on the other to hold your keys. You slip it over the edge of your bag, keys inside and pretty thing outside, to keep your keys from dropping to the bottom of your bag.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Homegrown tomatoes and cukes are definitely a fave with me. Love them. Congrats to your kids on their stripes!

Anonymous said...

I like this list very well - a couple hours with good friends... is there anything better? Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the kids! Way to go, Lauren. I'm going to start a Fab Friday too! :) You're and inspiration!

ellen b. said...

I really like the pink and black happening here :0)
It's fun to go out with the girls and have a good time. Tomatoes and cucumbers together in a salad with onion and lemon is one of my favorites! Have a wonderful week...